Friday, May 25, 2012

Buy your Art with stolen credit card




Another scam email worthy of inclusion:

This one offers to buy my art work with a stolen credit card.







"----- Original Message -----
From: "tom" <laotom101@gmail.com>
To: Graham Hay
Sent: Friday, 25 May, 2012 2:47:20 AM GMT +08:00 Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi
Subject: request

my name is Tom  i will like to purchase some of your product to one my new
store in japan  i will  like to inform you that the method of my  payment
is credit card if this is accepted by you please kindly get back to
me with your website address so as for me to choose the item needed by
me


One of my security measures is too always google these email addresses with the word "scam"  added.

What to do if you have already posted a work off:

http://www.easytractorparts.com/fake-deceiving-tractor-parts-emails.html (I know it's for tractor parts :), but the solution is the same).

It seems they also tried to buy ski equipment! :)

http://www.skisling.com/fraud.php

What is interesting is that they want my web address (already in my email address) so it appears my email address has been sold as part of thousands of others.

I post these emails on my blog to alert  other artists to the risk.


(image copied from http://artistswhothrive.com/index.php/tag/pricing-fine-art/)

1 comment:

  1. I have also been targeted by this Fraud, just yesterday 28.06.2012 trying to buy our wine products. : laotom101@gmail.com Fraud Ashwood Estate New Zealand

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to add your own comments here...

Translate

Search This Blog